Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Leadership Promises - Help Your People Grow

"Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick." Luke 9:1-2
Leadership Promises - Help Your People Grow
Leadership Promises - Help Your People Grow.
In an organization, it is the team leader's responsibility to orchestrate the team's growth. He must make sure that his people grow both personally and professionally. And he must insure that their growth happens with them together - as a team. When I work on growing my team members, I take several different approaches.

First, we all learn together on a regular basis, at least once a month. In this way, I know that that everyone in the organization shares the common experience of learning things together, regardless of their position or responsibilities.

Second, I regularly build small teams of learners. I periodically have groups of three or four cooperate on a project that requires them to learn. It builds strong relational bonds between those people.

Third, I send people to conferences, workshops, seminars, and other development opportunities. Then when they return, I ask them to teach others in the organization what they've learned. Shared experiences and the give-and-take of communication are the greatest ways to promote team growth.

Excerpt from Developing the Leaders Around You
Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post