Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Rotherham United sign Nigerian forward

Nigerian forward Osaze Odemwingie has completed a short deal with English Championship side, Rotherham United.

Nigerian forward Osaze Odemwingie.

Osaze who was on the verge of joining Bolton Wanders completed his move to Rotherham on Monday, October 24.

The deal which is the first signing of new boss Kenny Jacketts, will see the 35-year-old play for Rotherham United till January 2017.

Rotherham announced the signing on their website and also spoke to the player who promised to repay Jacketts’ faith in him.


"It went quickly. Only a few days ago I got in touch with the manager Kenny Jackett," Odemwingie told the club’s website. 
"Knowing him, he is a manager that believes in you and that gives me a lot of positivity. He obviously believes in me and thinks I can do a job for him, so I am looking forward to a new start and doing my best for the team.” 
"I am looking forward to this," he added.

"I love pressure as a player, I love situations like this, and a lot of times I have delivered, I hope it will be the same in this club. I want to play out of my skin because there is a level that I want to get back to and the only way to get back to that is to do my best and work really hard."
"It has been a while but I have tried to stay fit and keep on top of things. I have had a few training sessions in the last few days and I feel ready to go, I don't think it will take me long to get back to my best."
The former Super Eagles star could be available for Rotherham United’s away trip to Ipswich Town on Saturday, October 29.

Culled from www.pulse.ng

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post